Using NTC you can protect the unit from overheating by setting a temperature limit, and if unit temperature exceeded the limit, all your loads will be turned OFF automatically and a notification will be sent to you.
- Set the NTC temperature limit.
- Set GPIO for the NTC.
- In ESP8266, NTC GPIO is A0 because it has only one analog input GPIO.
- In ESP32, you can select any analog input GPIO you want.
- NTC is wired between NTC GPIO and GND.
- 10K pullup resistor is wired between NTC GPIO and 3v3.
- NTC is wired between NTC GPIO and 3v3.
- 10K pulldown resistor is wired between NTC GPIO and GND.
If you need a cooling fan you can set a GPIO for it.
Cooling fan temperatures
The cooling fan will be turned ON when NTC temperature is above 40°C, and will be turned OFF when NTC temperature is below 35°C.